Re: smallint mapping issue

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: smallint mapping issue
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 28-Jul-05, at 8:26 PM, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Dave Cramer wrote:
>

>> 1) this one smallint returned as Short
>> 2) handling setString(type other than string) which used to work
>>

> Maybe we should just toss these both into the "compatible=7.4" bucket
> and not try to support them beyond that, since they are both arguably
> application errors?

When I wrote the original email, I realized that we can't support too
many of these as the
complexity will soon be un-manageable. I'd prefer to see the
setString be the default behaviour, but at this point it's an
indefensible position. Do we have documentation as to what is or
isn't "compatible=7.4" ?

--dc--

> -O

>        match