Re: postgres catalog files problem

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: postgres catalog files problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 17, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Josh Harrison wrote:

> Thanks.
> Actually Im currently testing "oracle to postgres migration" with a
> small dataset. I haven't started working with the real dataset. I
> wanted to check with a small dataset before I start with the big one.
> I know the records that I deleted from the pg_class file. so what
> do i do next? Will it help if I drop the problematic tables and
> recreate them? (like i said im currently testing with a small
> datset only and my real data are in oracle and they are not messed
> in nay way). What will happen to my catalog files if i do that?
> Josh

If you can successfully drop those tables, then yes.  Given that this
is just a test database, if you have any issues doing that, I'd scrap
the whole database.

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888
615.292.0777 (fax)

От: "Josh Harrison"
Сообщение: Re: postgres catalog files problem