Too much postmaster prozesses / CPU near 100%

От Roth, Michael J.
Тема Too much postmaster prozesses / CPU near 100%
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Hi,

first excuse my bad english (my german is better :) ).

we're running a Linux RedHat7.1, Kernel 2.4.2, Postgres 7.1.3,
Apache 1.3.19, PHP 4.0.4
Machine is Dual-Prozessor 2xIntel PIII-900+, 1GB RAM
Connection-Type via php = pconnect

We have a bad performance problem and hope, anybody has a
solution.

If 2 users connects the postmaster forks 30 (!!)
processes, and they do never die.
If 50 Users connects, over 300 postmaster-processes running
and the CPU-States are nearly 100%, so we must stop and
start the postmaster or reboot the server.

IMHO i think, if we use persistant connections, only 1
process per user should be running.

What's wrong here ?

--
Computers are like airconditioners: They stop
working properly if you open windows.