Postgres & CODA

От Rivera Alejandro
Тема Postgres & CODA
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I've been reading a lot of documentation trying to find a way to implement a Postgres database on CODA and get it
distributedthat way. Unfortunately, I found out that CODA apparently doesn't support concurrency over databases, so i
cameup with an idea of using files, each file containing a single record, so the 2PL locks could be applied to a
certain"record-file".
This project will use a global directory with the information about the "fragments" and their location. A fragment
wouldconsist of a collection of record-files in a coda volume(directory).
So my question would be: ¿Is there a way to make a single record dump of a given table to a file?, the fact is that I
needan horizontal fragmentation, record by record, so ¿how would you do it?
I know this might seem a little nuts, but i would like to get your views on this idea.
Please tell me if I'm just wasting my time hehehehehe :)
Alex Rivera.
PD: please forgive any mispelled words...

Alejandro Rivera Polanco
Base de Datos
1131300 (ext. 3375) - 1131375
arivera@conectum.net
Grupo Posadas

Te invitamos a conocer el nuevo Fiesta Inn Reynosa, donde descansa la gente que trabaja.