Re: Subqueries or Joins? Problems with multiple table query

От Stefan Schwarzer
Тема Re: Subqueries or Joins? Problems with multiple table query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>>> You may also wish to review Andreas' suggestions as they propose a
>>> more sensible table structure rather than having a table for each
>>> convention.
>>
>> The table proposal really looks nice. But our database is structured
>> by variable - so each convention has its own table.
>
> It is a really bad design - it can't scale. A new convention, and you
> have to redesign your database schema (add a new table, rewrite code).
>
> I think, it makes absolutely no sense to invest more work into this,
> sorry, shit.

Thanks for the feedback. We spent a couple of weeks analyzing the
possible solutions for our Portal. And, with lots of feedback from
this group, we decided to go for what we've now. It doesn't seem that
much "scalable"... but in general, with everything we have to do -
preparation of the data, updating of the data etc. - it seems to us
actually as a very smooth solution.

Thanks for your help and your ideas!

Вложения