Re: Mac OS X

От Aurynn Shaw
Тема Re: Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I tried to install postgres onto my macbook via 'fink' and don't
> like it all that much.
> I decided to install from source, it's a fallback to my slackware
> days.
>
> But fink already created a user postgres and I can't seem to find
> anything to change it's configuration settings for shell, home
> director...
>
> If anyone has suggestions I would appreciate it.
>
> Also, does anyone know of a more current installation write-up for
> Mac other than what Apple provides?  It's written around 7.4 and
> I'm not sure it's going to be optimal.

Personally, I use the PG package available on http://www.entropy.ch/
software/macosx/postgresql/. It worked flawlessly, set up initdb, and
configured PG to start at boot time.

Thanks,
Aurynn Shaw

The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564 ext 103

ashaw@commandprompt.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 8.2 binary for ubuntu 6.10?