Re: postgresql93-9.3.5: deadlock when updating parent table expected?

От Dmitry O Litvintsev
Тема Re: postgresql93-9.3.5: deadlock when updating parent table expected?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you, Bill,

Yes, deadlock occurs when there are multiple processes insert
concurrently into file table with the same volume id field.
I used "sometimes"  as opposed to "all the time".

I think you advise to retry transaction or add select for update prior
to insert. I will pursue this (together with upgrade to 9.3.6 suggested by
Alvaro).

Thanks,
Dmitry

Сообщение: Re: Starting new cluster from base backup
Сообщение: Re: Starting new cluster from base backup