extensions: creation of .sql files

От Turner, John J
Тема extensions: creation of .sql files
Дата
Список pgsql-general

This is what I did to get PGXS on Windows XP:

-       built pg 9.0 from source using MinGW/MSYS

-       also installed binary version of pg 9.0

-       copied the PGXS tree from source into the corresponding path on the binary install

Note:  I had to use the binary install since the AV software on my computer didnt allow me to start the server from the source build

To install the extension:

-       I ran a make install for the unpacked tarball

Problem:

After listing a host of errors from the period.c file (new data type extension), the last line was make: *** [period.o] Error 1

It still created a period.sql file, but apparently not a functional one since a subsequent \i period.sql command failed

Any thoughts as to how to diagnose or what could be going wrong?

Thanks,

John