Re: installing from source in Windows

От Turner, John J
Тема Re: installing from source in Windows
Список pgsql-general

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Smith [mailto:greg@2ndquadrant.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2010 10:47 PM
To: Turner, John J
Cc: Craig Ringer; Rob Sargent; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] installing from source in Windows

Turner, John J wrote:
> I'm reluctant at this point to wipe out my MinGW and MSYS and start
from
> scratch with Windows SDK and/or VS-ee...

Well, you should probably get over that, because all of the official
builds of 9.0 don't really care about supporting MinGW anymore.  See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/install-windows.html for
notes on this.  I wouldn't be surprised to find the capability to build
with MinGW is broken in various ways now, because it doesn't get tested
anymore that I'm aware of.  I gave up on that toolchain the minute the
newer Visual Studio alternative was available, and tossing out MinGW for

this purpose has been nothing but an improvement for me.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg@2ndQuadrant.com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support  www.2ndQuadrant.us

Сообщение: Re: installing from source in Windows
Сообщение: Re: installing from source in Windows