ecpg and include files

От Jochen Weyermanns
Тема ecpg and include files
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Hi !

I installed PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66
(Linux Suse 6.3, Kernel 2.2.13),
succeeded in running the postmaster, creating a database and doing SQL with
psql.

Unfortunately the ecpg processed on a C program, which uses embedded SQL and is
in the style of
applications I have written for Oracle databases causes the following error
message:

     in line 19ot open include file sqlca. ( I think  "in line 19: could not
open include file sqlca." was intended)

for the statement at line 19:
EXEC SQL INCLUDE sqlca;

What can I do to solve this problem,  according to the documentation the
statement above should work ?

Path information and so on seem to be OK, moreover the ecpg used with option
--v shows:
     ecpg - the postgresql preprocessor, version: 2.6.0
     exec sql include ... search starts here:
      .
      /usr/local/include
      /usr/local/pgsql/include
      /usr/include
     End of search list.

  ( with sqlca.h at the right place:
     ls -l /usr/local/pgsql/include/sqlca.h
  leads to:
     -r--r--r--   1 postgres daemon        957 Jun 28 16:08
/usr/local/pgsql/include/sqlca.h
  )

The error message turns up even when I used ecpg -I/usr/lib/pgsql/include

Thanx in advance,
Jochen Weyermanns