Re: cursors with prepared statements

От Bryn Llewellyn
Тема Re: cursors with prepared statements
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> david.g.johnston@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> bryn@yugabyte.com wrote:
>>
>> I found this email from Peter Eisentraut:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/762cc764-74f0-13fb-77ed-16f91c90f40d%402ndquadrant.com
>>
>> It caused the 42601 error, « syntax error at or near “execute” ». So it looks like Peter’s patch hasn’t yet been
adopted.What is the likelihood that it will be adopted in a future version?

> Closer to zero than one I'd say, given how that thread ended and not subsequent activity on the feature in the five
yearssince.

Thanks. Shall I assume, too, that there’s no under-the-hood functionality for cursors, analogous to what happens with a
PL/pgSQLprogram at run-time, that does the moral equivalent of on-demand prepare for a cursor’s defining subquery?