Re: SERIAL behaviour

От Steve Brett
Тема Re: SERIAL behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-general
you can use currval() to get the current value of a sequence.

however if your key value is set to serial and it's default is the nextval
then don't reference it in your insert i.e.

insert into foo(forename,surname) values ('Steve','Brett');

where the key for foo is an id of type serial.

currval() 'should' be safe for use within transactions.

Steve