RE: Postgresql error : PANIC: could not locate a valid checkpoint record

От Silaparasetti, Ramesh
Тема RE: Postgresql error : PANIC: could not locate a valid checkpoint record
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thank you Julien for your response. We will get back to you once we get this data.

Really appreciate your help !

Best Regards,
Ramesh

Internal Use - Confidential

-----Original Message-----
From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 3, 2022 9:45 AM
To: Pragati Agarwal
Cc: pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org; Silaparasetti, Ramesh; Kishore, Nanda - Dell Team
Subject: Re: Postgresql error : PANIC: could not locate a valid checkpoint record

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 02, 2022 at 11:29:45PM +0530, Pragati Agarwal wrote:

> > The following error "could not locate a valid checkpoint record"
> > occurs on a datastore server running on postgreSQL 13.1.
> > Datastore is hosted on windows 2016 and the system has McAfee virus
> > scan installed.
> > This error occurs when server start is attempted.
> >
> > [7804] LOG:  starting PostgreSQL 13.1, compiled by Visual C++ build
> > 1914, 64-bit [8812] LOG:  invalid primary checkpoint record [8812]
> > PANIC:  could not locate a valid checkpoint record [7804] LOG:
> > startup process (PID 8812) was terminated by exception 0xC0000409
> > [7804] HINT:  See C include file "ntstatus.h" for a description of the hexadecimal value.
> > [7804] LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure [7804]
> > LOG:  database system is shut down

Did you experience some hardware failure, or do the previous logs show any other problems?

Can you send the output of

pg_controldata.exe -D $PGDATA

where $PGDATA is the directory where the instance is stored.

The needed command line is likely to be:

"C:\Program Files\Postgresql\13\bin\pg_controldata.exe -D "C:\Program Files\Postgresql\13\data"

Also, there will be a line of the form:

Latest checkpoint's REDO WAL file:    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Can you check if the reported files exists in your pg_wal directory (it's a subdirectory of the $PGDATA directory), and
ifits size is 16MB?

If yes, please check that the permission on the files allows the user starting the postgres service.  You could also
temporarilydisable your antivirus to check if it's blocking access.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0