Re: adding more space to the existing server

От Julie Nishimura
Тема Re: adding more space to the existing server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alban, thank you for your reply. Your suggestion makes sense, and I will be talking to our engineers about it. Currently we need to understand:

a)       How do we break A -> B replication such that both can become independent primaries
b)      How do we reassign C from B->C replication to A->C replication
c)       Thoughts on why this isn’t a good plan

Current:
 A replicates to B
all requests go to A

Soon:
  A replicates to B -> cascading to C and D

Transition:
  break A replication to B such that both can become primary
  stop B replication to C  then setup A to replicate to C

End state:
A replicates to C
B replicates to D

we remove some of the dbs from A and B, then reassign the traffic based on db selections

I hope it all makes sense...

Thank you