Corruption during WAL replay

От Teja Mupparti
Тема Corruption during WAL replay
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

This is my *first* attempt to submit a Postgres patch, please let me know if I missed any process or format of the patch (I used this link https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git As reference)

The original bug reporting-email and the relevant discussion is here

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/822113470.250068.1573246011818%40connect.xfinity.com

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20191206230640.2dvdjpcgn46q3ks2%40alap3.anarazel.de

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1880.1281020817@sss.pgh.pa.us

The crux of the fix is, in the current code, engine drops the buffer and then truncates the file, but a crash before the truncate and after the buffer-drop is causing the corruption. Patch reverses the order i.e. truncate the file and drop the buffer later.

Warm regards,

Teja

Вложения