RE: PostgreSQL 14.8 - server fails to start even though all transaction logs with base backup are restored

От Meera Nair
Тема RE: PostgreSQL 14.8 - server fails to start even though all transaction logs with base backup are restored
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi Stephen,

The backups we ran were all exclusive backups.

pg_start_backup(‘label’) returned 000000040000000200000041. Then we made a copy of data directory .

Then pg_stop_backup() was executed and it returned 000000040000000200000046.

After this 2 databases were dropped and recreated (using dropdb and createdb). Then we ran pg_switch_wal()

This returned 000000040000000200000049. Then we made a copy of the archive log directory.

To verify the copied data is restorable, we stopped server. Renamed data and archive log directories.

Replaced it with data and archive log directories copied earlier. In archive log directory logs from 41 to 49 is present.

Created recovery.signal and added restore_command to postgresql.conf file. And tried to start server. this failed with error in previous mail.

[root@gkstandby2 wal]# ls -ltr

total 262172

-rw------- 1 postgres postgres       42 Jun 13 01:08 00000002.history

-rw------- 1 postgres postgres 16777216 Jun 22 22:50 00000002000000020000003B