RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Can you install/run postgresql on a FIPS enabled host?

От McDermott, Becky
Тема RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Can you install/run postgresql on a FIPS enabled host?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am a bit out of my element.  I don't even know where PDKDF2 is coming from.

I just confirmed that I can connect from one pod with psql installed to the postgres pod with a straight up "psql -h
posgtgresql-gms-p 5432 -d mydb -U gms_read_only" and then I can run queries just fine.  So there is something on the
Javaside that is not connecting correctly.

Thank you everyone.  This was helpful.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2022 5:08 PM
To: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Can you install/run postgresql on a FIPS enabled host?

On 3/21/22 17:02, McDermott, Becky wrote:
> Thank you.  I should deploying a very simple container that has psql installed and make sure I can connect in a
simpleway with a username/password.  If this works, then the database is fine and it would definitely point to a java
issue.

> Thanks!

I liked your original theory:
That stack trace message is rather adamant.  Is there any indication that PBKDF2 and SCRAM-SHA-256 should play nice?

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Something unusual has occurred to cause the driver to fail. Please report
thisexception.

         at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:277) ~[postgresql-42.2.5.jar:42.2.5]
         at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:175)
~[c3p0-0.9.5.5.jar:0.9.5.5]
         at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:220)
~[c3p0-0.9.5.5.jar:0.9.5.5]
         at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:206)
~[c3p0-0.9.5.5.jar:0.9.5.5]
         at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool$1PooledConnectionResourcePoolManager.acquireResource(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:203)
~[c3p0-0.9.5.5.jar:0.9.5.5]
         at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquire(BasicResourcePool.java:1176)
~[c3p0-0.9.5.5.jar:0.9.5.5]
         at
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquireAndDecrementPendingAcquiresWithinLockOnSuccess(BasicResourcePool.java:1163)
~[c3p0-0.9.5.5.jar:0.9.5.5]
         at com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:696)
~[mchange-commons-java-0.2.19.jar:0.2.19]
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unsupported PBKDF2 for SCRAM-SHA-256

От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Can you install/run postgresql on a FIPS enabled host?
От: PALAYRET Jacques
Сообщение: PostgreSQL : bug (ou not) in CTE Common Table Expressions or Subqueries in the FROM Clause