Can you install/run postgresql on a FIPS enabled host?

От McDermott, Becky
Тема Can you install/run postgresql on a FIPS enabled host?
Дата
Re: Can you install/run postgresql on a FIPS enabled host?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general

We have a requirement to run all of our applications on FIPS enabled hosts.  Is it possible to install and successfully run postgreql on a FIPS enabled host?

We currently run postgres ina  container that is executing on a FIPS enabled host with the setting:  password_encryption = scram-sha-256

And none of our Java clients can connect to the postgresql database.  If we run postgresql on a non-FIPS enabled host, everything works fine.

I’m having a hard time finding any FIPS guidance for postgresql from googling.  If anyone has any guidance or has gotten this to work, that would be most helpful.

Thank you,

Becky McDermott