Incorrect OCTET_LENGTH for column of type interval?

От Tristan St-Cyr
Тема Incorrect OCTET_LENGTH for column of type interval?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Hi,

Would it possible that the PostgreSQL Unicode ODBC Driver 9.03.04.00 returns an incorrect value for SQLColAttribute with SQL_DESC_OCTET_LENGTH when called over a column of type “interval”?

The driver reports the column being of type WVARCHAR when querying for the SQL_DESC_CONCISE_TYPE (which is fine with me). When querying for the SQL_DESC_OCTET_LENGTH, I see a size of 32 being reported. Values retrieved using SQLGetData however can exceed that size.

I’m wondering if there could be a bug in the mapping between the interal interval type and the WVARCHAR that’s exposed for ODBC.

Thanks,

Tristan St-Cyr