Re: psql 8 warm standby strong start, weak finish

От Charlton Galvarino
Тема Re: psql 8 warm standby strong start, weak finish
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>>> archiving run. Postgres will recycle WALs on its own when they are no
>>> longer needed. Or is there is some compelling reason you want to get rid
>of WALs?
>>
>> Ah.  I didn't know that.  I thought the cleanup was on me.  Bonus!
>
>For more info take a look here:
>
>http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/wal-configuration.html

Things are running smoothly so far.  The proof will be in the pudding after 48h or so.  But I have changed my rsync
fromits original pull approach to push.  I do need to clean up the WAL's on master once they've made it to the
warm_standby,so in this new push approach, I only round up WAL's that are, say 10m old, and then rsync those to
warm_standby,deleting them on master when they've been xferred.  warm_standby continues to do a good job of cleaning up
thearchive dir w/o any fuss from me.