GSoD Introductory Resources and Tutorial Projects

От sharon clark
Тема GSoD Introductory Resources and Tutorial Projects
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello PostgreSQL Mentors,

Hello, my name is Sharon Clark and I’m a technical writer interested in the Google Season of Docs (GSoD) project for PostgreSQL. My interest stems from working with developers and moving toward software documentation. The GSoD project is a great opportunity for me to work with mentors in your open source organization, learn about open source software, and collaborate with the open source community.

I understand you want the candidate to create a community resource for absolute beginners and update the tutorial so it’s user friendly.

ActionItem #1. Install PostgreSQL, especially since I am a new user, and observe any issues

ActionItem #2. Review existing resources for new users

A brief snapshot of my experience includes the following experience:

·      Creating technical documentation for end users (e.g., user guides, manuals, reference docs, tutorials, training materials, job aids, workflows, etc.)

·      Testing websites and reporting critical bugs and code fixes

·      Designing interactive forms for submitting data online

·      Conducting usability on website interfaces

I plan to submit a proposal for both the PostgreSQL Introductory Resources and Tutorial projects, but I’m open to learning technologies for ANY other projects listed. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best regards,

Sharon Clark

Sclb3@hotmail.com