AW: Best Filesystem for PostgreSQL

От Stephan Schmidt
Тема AW: Best Filesystem for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

my Question was meant for a Debian 9 environment with heavy read/wright load and very high requirements towards Performance and data Consistency

Stephan

Von: Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>
Gesendet: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 11:07:21 PM
An: Stephan Schmidt
Cc: pgsql-performance@lists.postgresql.org
Betreff: Re: Best Filesystem for PostgreSQL

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 08:59:13PM +0000, Stephan Schmidt wrote:
> What would be the best filesystem to run PostgreSQL on, in Terms of Performance
> and data Integrity?

Uh, which operating system?  If it is Linux, many people like ext4 or
xfs.  Some like zfs.  ext3/ext2 are not recommended due to fsync
performance.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +