Multiple hosts in connection string failed to failover in non-hot standby mode

От Hubert Zhang
Тема Multiple hosts in connection string failed to failover in non-hot standby mode
Дата
Re: Multiple hosts in connection string failed to failover in non-hot standby mode  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi hackers,

Libpq has supported to specify multiple hosts in connection string and enable auto failover when the previous PostgreSQL instance cannot be accessed.
But when I tried to enable this feature for a non-hot standby, it cannot do the failover with the following messages.

psql: error: could not connect to server: FATAL:  the database system is starting up

Document says ' If a connection is established successfully, but authentication fails, the remaining hosts in the list are not tried.
I'm wondering is it a feature by design or a bug? If it's a bug, I plan to fix it.

Thanks,
Hubert Zhang