RE: how to remove set_config from all user

От Garry Chen
Тема RE: how to remove set_config from all user
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Thank you for your suggestion but I don’t think table partitioning is a practical solution for RLS.

Garry

From: Stephen Froehlich [mailto:s.froehlich@cablelabs.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:51 PM
To: Garry Chen <gc92@cornell.edu>; David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>
Cc: pgsql-novice@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: RE: how to remove set_config from all user

Would table partitioning perhaps be a better way to do this?

--Stephen

What I try to do is performing a row level security by setting a variable such that RLS function can only return the rows base on the variable.  I have two way to do this one is using SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION the other is set a variable by using set_config.  If I use SET  SESSION AUTHORIZATION it increase administration overhead.  If I use set_config the potential wrong access of RLS is possible.   Do you have any suggestion?

Garry