Proposal "stack trace" like debugging option in PostgreSQL

От Edson Richter
Тема Proposal "stack trace" like debugging option in PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Proposal "stack trace" like debugging option in PostgreSQL  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Dear community,

Sorry if this is not the right place for proposing new features. Also,
sorry if I'm proposing something already existing.

I do currently use the "debug" extension to better understand the
entrophy of my application regarding database.

But in production this is not possible, and I would to propose a feature
that has less impact over production then a debug extension: a
stacktrace of calls.

Simular to Java stack traces, but disabled by default. When enabled, In
case of an event like "duplicate key" (or a function raise exception) or
other similar problems that wont allow the database to execute the SQL
command,the strack trace will bring the complete list of function call.

This would help to track down problems that escaped the development and
test environments, and reached the production systems.

If this feature already exists, please kindly point me to the docs. If
not, please consider adding this in a future release.

Thanks,

--
Atenciosamente,

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter