Re: Workaround: Planner preference for tsquery filter vs. GIN index in fast text search

От Laurence Parry
Тема Re: Workaround: Planner preference for tsquery filter vs. GIN index in fast text search
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> btw, 9.4 should be wiser in case of rare+common terms,
> thanks to GIN fast scan feature.

I'll look forward to it! We have a few other GIN indexes . . .

I don't want to misrepresent my impression of Postgres performance; the only
other case where I've made a significant improvement by tweaking was
pre-checking a couple of tables with count(*) > 0 before using them against
several thousand submissions (checking lists of blocked artists and keywords
against submission details). I've been pleasantly surprised at what it can
handle, especially after index-only scans came out.

--
Laurence "GreenReaper" Parry