Using concatenation operator

От Chris Barnes
Тема Using concatenation operator
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have a (stupid) question regarding using concatenation operator.
I would like to get the list of tables from the database and output the select count(*) for each of them
I don't want the schema name proceeding the select, how can I omit without receiving the error below.

psql eventdb001 -t -c "select schemaname||'select count (*) from '||schemaname||'.'||relname from pg_stat_user_tables where relname like 'table_%'"|more

 schemaselect count (*) from event001.table_1
 schemaselect count (*) from event001.table_2

When I omit the schemaname from in front of the concatenation operator it gives me this error.

 psql database -t -c "select ||'select count (*) from '||schemaname||'.'||relname from pg_stat_user_tables where relname like 'table_%'"|more
ERROR:  operator does not exist: || unknown
LINE 1: select ||'select count (*) from '||schemaname||'.'||relname ...
               ^
HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You might need to add explicit type casts

Chris.