mac install question

От epicwinter@hotmail.com
Тема mac install question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Please excuse my lack of mac knowledge.  I installed postgresql 8.3 using the mac os x 1 click installer onto my brand
newpowerbook.  The install appeared to go very smooth.  If I go to Postgresql under Applications it appears as if I can
startand stop postgres and open pgadmin.  I even created a test database under pgadmin with no errors.   So everything
appearscool but...

I can't seem to run any of the postgresql commands from a shell.  If I open a terminal and try to run psql or createdb
orany of the commands I get this error:

/Library/PostgreSQL/8.3/bin/createdb test
dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/buildfarm/pginstaller/server/staging/osx/lib/libpq.5.dylib
  Referenced from: /Library/PostgreSQL/8.3/bin/createdb
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

OR here is me running the psql command

./psql
dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/buildfarm/pginstaller/server/staging/osx/lib/libpq.5.dylib
  Referenced from: /Library/PostgreSQL/8.3/bin/./psql
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

The directory /Users/buildfarm doesn't even appear to exist.

I don't have much experience using mac much less the mac terminal so I assume since everything works from the
Applications/PostgreSQL8.3 Gui that I must just be doing something wrong.

Any help appreciated thanks
Time for vacation? WIN what you need- enter now!
http://www.gowindowslive.com/summergiveaway/?ocid=tag_jlyhm