Re: Off Topic: ICD-10 codes in a database table?

От Martin Gainty
Тема Re: Off Topic: ICD-10 codes in a database table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
ICD10s discovered!

http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/toolssoftware/icd_10/dxlabel%202006.csv

Thanks Steve!

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:04:26 -0600
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Off Topic: ICD-10 codes in a database table?
From: andrewlylegould@gmail.com
To: steve@blighty.com
CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Andrew Gould <andrewlylegould@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com> wrote:

On Feb 26, 2009, at 7:12 AM, Andrew Gould wrote:

Background:  ICD-10 is a clinical coding system maintained by the World Health Organization.  The system is used in most "advanced" countries.  Hospitals in the USA must convert from ICD-9 to ICD-10 by 2013.

Problem:  I've been trying to find a table of ICD-10 codes to import into a database; but the only listings that I can find are in publicly available pdf files.  I've tried to copy the text to text files, but the resulting layout is horrible -- it would take, literally, weeks or months of manual tweaking to parse.

Does anyone have or know of an existing table of ICD-10 codes that is already "import friendly"?

10 seconds with google finds something in CSV format in a zip file downloadable from the bottom of http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/toolssoftware/icd_10/ccs_icd_10.jsp - is that any use to you?

Cheers,
 Steve

 Hmm.....AHRQ never came up in my googling.

The table is almost what I need; but also has additional, useful information.  In essence, AHRQ had a table that maps ICD-9 codes to their CCS categories.  They have added a table that maps ICD-10 codes to those same categories.  The mapping is *very* useful.  The only thing missing are the ICD-10  code descriptions.

Thanks for the help!

Andrew

Correction:  The table has ICD-10 diagnosis code descriptions!  Now I just need them to create the same table for ICD-10 procedure codes.  (I'm sure that will follow soon as they have the analagous table for ICD-9's.)

Andrew

Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.