Re: 'Weird' errors

От Martin Gainty
Тема Re: 'Weird' errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
i was able to get it sorted out with the latest release these initdb and pg_ctl commands as follows
initdb --pgdata=/pgsql/data

#####postgresql.conf contents consist of
# this is a comment

#what port to run on
port = 5432

#hostname or address on which the postmaster is to listen for connections from client applications
#virtual_host = 'localhost'

#prints a line informing about each successful connection to the server log
log_connections = true

#prefixes each server log message with a timestamp
#log_timestamp = true
#determines how many concurrent connections the database server will allow
max_connections = 3
#######end postresql.conf

######### START pg_hba.conf
# Allow any user on the local system to connect to any database under
# any database user name using Unix-domain sockets (the default for local
# connections).
#
# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD
local   all         all                               trust
#####END pg_hba.conf

############start PG VERSION
8.4
############END PG_VERSION file

$ /cygdrive/c/postgres/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D "/pgsql/data" -l logfile start

server starting

thanks tom
Martin