What will happen to PostgreSQL server (on Linux) if CMOS battery dies?

От Fredrik Israelsson
Тема What will happen to PostgreSQL server (on Linux) if CMOS battery dies?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!
I wonder what the consequences would be for a PostgreSQL server running on Linux on a machine where the CMOS battery that gives life to the local system (time) clock dies.
Note that the machine is not connected to a network, so synchronizing with an external time server is not an option. The machine is usually turned off every night, and turned on every morning, so I guess that with a dead battery, the local time will be set to 1970 every morning.

Of course the battery should be changed as soon as possible if it dies, but I just want to know if PostgreSQL will be able to run at all in these conditions.

Best regards,
Fredrik Israelsson

Höststäda med nya dammsugarpåsar. www.Dammsugarpåsar.Nu