Installing Postgress 8.3.3

От Brian Green
Тема Installing Postgress 8.3.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am going to try to get 8.3.3 to work for me.
1.
I have read that to install 8.3 on Vista that you should disable UAC. If I do so, can I turn it back on again AFTER the postgres is installed ?
2.
If I install to user 'E' and then reboot the computer and then without logging on I try to access the database from a remote computer, will it still have its service running and available ?
3.
Does it matter(as far as usability from a remote computer) if I try to install to an administrator account or a standard account ?
4.
To run the installer, do I click on SETUP.bat ?

Inside SETUP.bat are the liness......

vcredist_x86.exe /q:a /c:"msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qb!"
and
msiexec /i postgresql-8.3.msi

what does the msiexec words cause to happen and what does the vcredist.msi word do ?

Thank You !

Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD with Windows®. Make your smash hit