Re: How to create my own result set?

От Ismael ....
Тема Re: How to create my own result set?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'll try with what says in the FAQ, but should someone know of a way
to declare a variable that allows appending please tell me

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Return_more_than_one_row_of_data_from_PL/pgSQL_functions

> Hi there,
> I'm making a really weird stored procedure which makes use of about 5 tables...
> and I need to create my own result set based on the computed result of various
> FOR loops.
>
> Does anyone knows how can I do that using PL/pgSQL?
>
> I "think" I need to declare a couple of variables that accept APPENDING but I
> don't know if that's possible.
>
> Lets say for example:
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION weirdFunction() RETURNS  AS $$
>    DECLARE
>       column1 ;
>       column2 ;
>    BEGIN
>       --first row
>       column1.append('something');
>       column2.append('something');
>
>      --second row
>       column1.append('again');
>       column2.append('again');
>
>    END;
> $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;
>
> So the result of that should be
> something   something
> again           again
>
> Is it possible to do something like that?
>

> Tanks in advance

Plug&Play te trae en exclusiva los mejores conciertos de la red
http://club.prodigymsn.com/