Re: deleting the master but not the detail

От Ismael ....
Тема Re: deleting the master but not the detail
Дата
Список pgsql-general
So is there no other way to do it but to verify the integrity using triggers
and drop the referential constraints?

Because I *still* need to verify that NEW records in the details table
direct to something that exists

>> ON DELETE RESTRICT | NO ACTION won't let me delete the master
>> CASCADE | SET NULL | SET DEFAULT will modify the details
>
> Can you just drop the constraint that's doing the referential integrity?
>
> Ray.
>
> Then remove the referential integrity constraint, since it's obviously
> incompatible with your business requirements.
>
> -Doug
Plug&Play te trae en exclusiva los mejores conciertos de la red
http://club.prodigymsn.com/

Сообщение: Re: deleting the master but not the detail
Сообщение: Re: deleting the master but not the detail