Re: Moving several databases into one database with several schemas

От Edson Richter
Тема Re: Moving several databases into one database with several schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Em 06/09/2012 15:40, John R Pierce escreveu:
> On 09/06/12 5:30 AM, Edson Richter wrote:
>>> You could change the default setting for the user with
>>>
>>> ALTER ROLE someuser SET search_path=...
>> That is perfect! I can have separate users for each application, and
>> then they will have the correct search path.
>> You saved my day,
>
> the default search_path is $USER,public, so by naming your schema's to
> the usernames, you don't even need to alter role...

Wonderful, this would have the effect I expect that the connection
defines the path. Then I'll use user to select the specific schema, and
the "public" schema as the main schema.

Thanks to you all, I think I have everything needed to put my migration
project in practice.

Regards,

Edson.

От: Amitabh Kant
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL server embedded in NAS firmware?
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL server embedded in NAS firmware?