Re: Review: Fix snapshot taking inconsistencies

От Steve Singer
Тема Re: Review: Fix snapshot taking inconsistencies
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 4 Oct 2010, Marko Tiikkaja wrote:

> On 2010-10-03 5:08 AM +0300, Steve Singer wrote:

> Hmm..  I can't reproduce this.  What platform are you on?

Sorry, I it seems the changes to one file (pg_proc.c) didn't get applied to
my source repository.  Now that I've applied them initdb works and the
regression tests pass.

I also noticed that functions.c is now generating a warning that should be
easy to clean up.

functions.c: In function 'sql_exec_error_callback':
functions.c:989: warning: 'es' may be used uninitialized in this function
functions.c: In function 'fmgr_sql':
functions.c:712: warning: 'es' is used uninitialized in this function

> Currently pg_parse_and_rewrite() returns all Query nodes in one huge list.
> That's not acceptable for this patch since that list is already missing the
> information we need: when should we take a new snapshot?  So the patch breaks
> the API of pg_parse_and_rewrite() to return a list of lists instead, but I'm
> not convinced that's a bright idea since third party code might use it, so I
> suggested adding a new function.  Then again, third party code can't use
> pg_parse_and_rewrite() any way if/when the wCTE patch goes in.

Is there any third party code in particular that your thinking of?  I don't
see anything that says pg_parse_and_rewrite is part of a stable server
side API (in contrast to SPI or something an third party index access method
or custom data-type would call).

> Regards,
> Marko Tiikkaja

Steve Singer