Re: Very bad plan when using VIEW and IN (SELECT...*)

От Carlo Stonebanks
Тема Re: Very bad plan when using VIEW and IN (SELECT...*)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Taken from your advice, I gave this a try:

SELECT *
FROM mdx_core.vw_provider AS p
WHERE provider_id = ANY array(
   SELECT provider_id
   FROM mdx_core.provider_alias
   LIMIT 10
)

Well, it RIPS through the query in 15ms compared to 13.0 secs for the In
(SELECT...)

>> Having said that, modern versions of the planner seem to deal reasonably
well with this situation as long as they're being asked to push the
condition through a UNION ALL.  Do you really need a UNION in that view?
<<

This is PG v 8.3 - do you mean "modern" compared to that?

And if you mean UNION vs. UNION ALL, I think in this case UNION ALL would
do.

Carlo