Re: How do I remove selected words from text field?

От Frank Bax
Тема Re: How do I remove selected words from text field?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Create some tables; then add some data:

create table t1 (i int, v varchar);
insert into t1 values(1,'A B C D');
insert into t1 values(2,'B D E F');
insert into t1 values(3,'G H I J');
insert into t1 values(4,'E');
create table t2 (q varchar, z varchar);
insert into t2 values('A','vowel');
insert into t2 values('B','consonant');
insert into t2 values('E','vowel');
insert into t2 values('K','consonant');

I am trying to write a function which will:
* split the argument into "words" (separated by blanks);
* remove words that meet a certain condition in another table  (in this example 'vowel');
* reassemble "words" into a string;
* return the result
This query does that job (Thanks Osvaldo):

SELECT i, array_to_string(array_agg(word), ' ') "new-v" FROM
(SELECT * FROM (SELECT i, regexp_split_to_table(v, E'\\s+') AS word FROM
t1) bar
LEFT OUTER JOIN t2 ON (bar.word=t2.q)
WHERE z IS DISTINCT FROM 'vowel') foo
GROUP BY i;
 i |  new-v
---+--------- 1 | B C D 3 | G H I J 2 | B D F
(3 rows)

When I try to create a function to do the same thing; it only works for
(4,'E') and not the other tuples.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION notvowel(text) RETURNS text AS $$  SELECT array_to_string(array_agg(word),' ') FROM  (SELECT
*FROM (SELECT regexp_split_to_table($1, E'\s+') AS word) bar  LEFT OUTER JOIN t2 ON (bar.word=t2.q)  WHERE z IS
DISTINCTFROM 'vowel') foo  GROUP BY word

$$ LANGUAGE SQL;

select *,notvowel(v::text) from t1; i |    v    | notvowel
---+---------+---------- 1 | A B C D | A B C D 2 | B D E F | B D E F 3 | G H I J | G H I J 4 | E       |
(4 rows)

I wonder if it has something to do with pattern passed to
regexp_split_to_table() since inside the function, E'\\s+' results in: i |    v    | notvowel
---+---------+---------- 1 | A B C D | C 2 | B D E F | B 3 | G H I J | G 4 | E       |
(4 rows)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: