Re: Performance with the new security release?

От Steve Singer
Тема Re: Performance with the new security release?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 13-04-22 11:46 PM, Anne Rosset wrote:
> Thanks Steve.
> I have read that a fix has been put in release 9.2.3 for this issue. Is that right?
> Thanks,
> Anne

No this issue is present in 9.0.13, 9.1.9 and 9.2.4 (as well as 9.2.3).

There is talk about fixing this for the next set of minor releases but I
haven't yet seen a patch.

statisticsthen that should help.

> A manual vacuum will , unfortunately, behave like the auto-vacuum. The only way to get vacuum past this (until this
issueis fixed) is for

> vacuum to be able to get that exclusive lock.   If there are times of
> the day your database is less busy you might have some luck turning off auto-vacuum on these tables  and doing manual
vacuumsduring those times.

versions). Also which version were you running before?

>>> There were some changes to analyze/vacuum in the previous set of minor releases that could cause performance issues
insome cases (ie if statistics are no longer being updated because analyze can't get the