Re: logical changeset generation v6

От Steve Singer
Тема Re: logical changeset generation v6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/24/2013 11:21 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Not having a consumer of the walsender interface included sounds like a
> bad idea to me, even if it were only useful for testing. Now, you could
> argue it should be in /contrib - and I wouldn't argue against that
> except it shares code with the rest of src/bin/pg_basebackup.

+1 on pg_receivellog (or whatever better name we pick) being somewhere.
I found the pg_receivellog code very useful as an example and for
debugging/development purposes.
It isn't something that I see useful for the average user and I think
the use-cases it meets are closer to other things we usually put in /contrib

Steve