Re: About tapes

От mac_man2005@hotmail.it
Тема Re: About tapes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom, you are right: it is just more complicated.

In fact, I did not pretend to demonstrate that it was easier or faster
using one file per tape.
As you can remember, I just did not understand why you said it was
*impossible* to recycle space in that case.

So, the conclusion is: you can do recycle space when using one file per
tape, but it is just more complicated than current design, isn't it?

PD: are we sure it is more complicated?

Thanks.

Manolo.