Re: Feature discussion: Should syntax errors abort a transaction?

От Edson Richter
Тема Re: Feature discussion: Should syntax errors abort a transaction?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
According to documentation,

"TRUNCATE is transaction-safe with respect to the data in the tables: the truncation will be safely rolled back if the surrounding transaction does not commit."

You will find this description at following page:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/sql-truncate.html

So, when you have the "syntax error" on second line, then transaction is rolled back (cannot proceed: and that's why Syntax Errors should be treated as any other error) and your data is safe.

Regards,

Edson Richter.