Re: PgAdmin 1.16.1 - editing trigger function, should not close on "esc"

От Edson Richter
Тема Re: PgAdmin 1.16.1 - editing trigger function, should not close on "esc"
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Em 17/01/2013 19:27, Guillaume Lelarge escreveu:
> On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 17:45 -0200, Edson Richter wrote:
>> I have found a glitch in the UI.
>>
>> If user made changes in the trigger function, hitting key "esc" should
>> not close the window without warning.
>> Or, at least, does not bind the key "esc" to the cancel button.
>>
> The component we use for typing PL/pgsql code (or SQL code in the query
> tool) is the culprit. It uses the escape key to "Cancel any modes such
> as call tip or auto-completion list display". It doesn't seem possible
> to workaround this, and we probably don't want that anyway because we
> use the auto-completion feature in the query tool.

I see, and that seems fine to me. But I lost 30 minutes of trigger code
typing because the window has been closed due accidental hit of ESC key.
I don't want to disable ESC at all, just don't want ESC to close the
window...

If it is not possible to avoid the window closing, then the user should
be asked if he want to loose his work.

Regards,

Edson

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Error running a query (repeated maybe hundred of times)
От: Edson Richter
Сообщение: Re: Error running a query (repeated maybe hundred of times)