RE: PG 9.5 2 tables same DDL with diff size

От Igor Neyman
Тема RE: PG 9.5 2 tables same DDL with diff size
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
-----Original Message-----
From: Isabella Ghiurea [mailto:isabella.ghiurea@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:48 AM
To: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: PG 9.5 2 tables same DDL with diff size

Attention: This email was sent from someone outside of Perceptron. Always exercise caution when opening attachments or
clickinglinks from unknown senders or when receiving unexpected emails.

I run full vacuum and reindex on largest table (50GB) while there was no server activities  so I assume no transaction
washolding a lock on table since the full vacuum was able to run, anything where I should consider looking ?

Yes, in  pg_stat_activity look for idle transactions that started long time ago.
To prevent vacuum from doing its job they don't need to lock the table, they could just prevent from cleaning "old" row
versions.

Regards,
Igor Neyman

Сообщение: RE: PG 9.5 2 tables same DDL with diff size
Сообщение: Re: PG 9.5 2 tables same DDL with diff size