Re: After upgrade to 9.5 space not being released

От Ganesh Kannan
Тема Re: After upgrade to 9.5 space not being released
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks for the response Tom.=20

Yes, after upgrade to 9.5, I had the hard links. But next step I migrated t=
he tables to new tablespaces , with logging. Wouldn't "alter tablespace set=
 tablespace, set logged " supposed to physically recreate the tables in the=
 new tablespace, and remove the space occupied by the original unlogged tab=
le?=20
=20
Example:  I had an unlogged table: test_y1981,  in tablespace:  ts_data2, I=
 executed statement like the following:

psql> alter table test_y1981 set tablespace ts_data5 , set logged;

I was expecting to see the table files in volume supporting tablespace: "ts=
_data5" ( which is what I see), but no space taken up in volume supporting =
tablespace "ts_data2". As per pg_class, there are no objects in tablespace =
"ts_land2".

Thanks
Ganesh