Fwd: yum update minor version | /sbin/service postgresql-11 condstopquestion

От Jason Ralph
Тема Fwd: yum update minor version | /sbin/service postgresql-11 condstopquestion
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum

<!-- .EmailQuote { margin-left: 1pt; padding-left: 4pt; border-left: #800000 2px solid; } -->

Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org wrote:

>PostgreSQL will be  restarted automagically, right after old version is removed.

Thanks Devrim, can you help me understand the condstop, is this no longer needed?  I cant seem to find that function in the init script.

if [ $1 -eq 0 ] ; then

/sbin/service postgresql-11 condstop >/dev/null 2>&1

chkconfig --del postgresql-11

fi

Jason Ralph

On Thu, 2019-11-14 at 16:06 +0000, Jason Ralph wrote:
> My ultimate goal here is to find out what happens when you yum update
> a minor version of postgresql11-server, I would like to know if
> postgresql11-server will stop, or do I need to manually do this?

Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org wrote:
>PostgreSQL will be  restarted automagically, right after old version is removed.

Thanks Devrim, can you help me understand the condstop, is this no longer needed?  I cant seem to find that function in the init script.
if [ $1 -eq 0 ] ; then
/sbin/service postgresql-11 condstop >/dev/null 2>&1
chkconfig --del postgresql-11

fi

Jason Ralph

On Thu, 2019-11-14 at 16:06 +0000, Jason Ralph wrote:
> My ultimate goal here is to find out what happens when you yum update
> a minor version of postgresql11-server, I would like to know if
> postgresql11-server will stop, or do I need to manually do this?

PostgreSQL will be  restarted automagically, right after old version is removed.

Regads,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer