Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 27 May 2023, at 04:02, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> Making the build fail straight when setting up things is OK
> by me, but I am not convinced that X509_get_signature_nid() would be
> the right choice for the job, as it is an OpenSSL artifact originally,
> AFAIK.

I think we should avoid the is-defined-in dance and just pull out the version
numbers for comparisons.  While it's true that LibreSSL doesn't play well with
OpenSSL versions, they do define their own which can be checked for to
distinguish the libraries.

--
Daniel Gustafsson