[GENERAL] Re: "alter table...if exists... add bigserial "still adds extrasequence

От hvjunk
Тема [GENERAL] Re: "alter table...if exists... add bigserial "still adds extrasequence
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 25 Sep 2017, at 09:51 , hvjunk <hvjunk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Good day,
>
>  See the sequence below, Postgresql 9.6.5 on Debian using the postgresql repository.
>
> Question: Is this expected behaviour?

I guess it might be, but the “bug” is that the excessive/unused sequence isn’t removed:

test=# \d test_serial                                 Table "public.test_serial"  Column   |         Type         |
                   Modifiers
varying(5)|uid        | bigint               | not null default nextval('test_serial_uid_seq'::regclass)