Re: Installation problem: failed to initialize lc_messages to ""

От Stefan Schwarzer
Тема Re: Installation problem: failed to initialize lc_messages to ""
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> FATAL:  XX000: failed to initialize lc_messages to ""
>> LOCATION:  InitializeGUCOptions, guc.c:2666
>
> Typically what this means is that you have an improper setting of LANG
> or LC_ALL in your environment ("improper" meaning that it doesn't
> match
> any of the locales that are actually installed on your system).  You
> can use "locale -a" to find out what's installed.

Hmm... Did the "locale -a"... and lot's of things appeared. Beneath
them this one:

en_US
en_US.ISO8859-1
en_US.ISO8859-15
en_US.US-ASCII
en_US.UTF-8

I guess it's the most widely used. What am I supposed to do now? I
tried to specify a --locale=C, which I read somewhere.... no idea.

Please, give me a hint what I should do to proper set postgres up.

Thanks a lot,

Stef