Re: Patch: Show process IDs of processes holding a lock; show relation and tuple infos of a lock to acquire

От Rajeev rastogi
Тема Re: Patch: Show process IDs of processes holding a lock; show relation and tuple infos of a lock to acquire
Дата
Ответ на Re: Patch: Show process IDs of processes holding a lock; show relation and tuple infos of a lock to acquire  (Christian Kruse <christian@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 28/01/14, Christian Kruse wrote:
> > I have checked the revised patch. It looks fine to me except one
> minor code formatting issue.
> > In elog.c, two tabs are missing in the definition of function
> "errdetail_log_plural".
> > Please run pgindent tool to check the same.
>
> I did, but this reformats various other locations in the file, too.
> Nevertheless I now ran pg_indent against it and removed the other parts.
> Attached you will find the corrected patch version.
>
> > Also I would like to highlight one behavior here is that process ID
> of
> > process trying to acquire lock is also listed in the list of "Request
> queue". E.g.
> >
> >       session 1 with process id X: BEGIN; LOCK TABLE foo IN SHARE
> MODE;
> >       session 2 with process id Y: BEGIN; LOCK TABLE foo IN EXCLUSIVE
> > MODE;
> >
> > On execution of LOCK in session-2, as part of log it will display as:
> >       DETAIL:  Process holding the lock: X. Request queue: Y.
> >
> >       Where Y is the process ID of same process, which was trying to
> acquire lock.
>
> This is on purpose due to the rewording of the Message. In the first
> version the PID of the backend was missing.
>
> Thanks for the review!

Now patch looks fine to me. I am marking this as "Ready for Committer".

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar Rajeev Rastogi